You may further make information publicly available while interacting with various user modifiable sections of this Site including comments, reviews, profile information or feedbacks, now or during the term of use of this service in the future. Nepal On Demand is not responsible for any such information and any use of such information by any party.
2.DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS POLICY
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being processed.
- Child – a natural person under 18 years of age.
3.COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
4.DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
It is our commitment to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
You have the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data, however this may affect our ability to deliver the service to you.
6.WHAT DATA WE GATHER ABOUT YOU AND ITS USE
USER PROVIDED INFORMATION:
- Where we collect such Registration Information, we do so with the objective of providing our services to you and for improving our website and the services we offer. This information may assist us in providing you with more effective customer service, making this Site or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies, and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences. Nepal On Demand also uses the Registration Information to customize the advertising and Content you see, fulfil your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Nepal On Demand may combine information about you that we have with the information we obtain from data aggregators, public databases, business partners or other companies, which may include your interests, purchasing behaviour and your activities online, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed.
- We reserve the right to conduct research and perform statistical analyses on Registration Information in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information. We will release only aggregate data and all personal data obtained from these analyses will be kept confidential from concerned third parties and at no time shall personal data be disclosed.
- We also use your Registration Information to communicate with you. We may send certain service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please email us at email@example.com to stop such communications. Please allow at least 72 hours for the actual cancellation to take effect. We shall not divulge your email address to third parties without your prior consent.
- If while using the Nepal On Demand Services, you post information online that is accessible to the public including in any comment sections of our Site, Nepal On Demand shall not be responsible for any such information and any use of such information by any party including any unsolicited communications from any third party.
- Nepal On Demand automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, the page(s) you request and receives information via cookies, web beacons or other technologies.
- We may further automatically record such information to track visits to our websites so that we may compile statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website and its individual pages; such statistics may include your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
- We may enhance or merge your information collected from our website with data from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to you. We may further, present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
- We use following cookies for the different purposes:
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any Personal Data.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
Unless we notify you otherwise, we will share your information with companies or entities only in circumstances where:
- You have provided instructions or consent towards such sharing;
8.MODIFICATION AND DELETION OF INFORMATION
- You can edit your Nepal On Demand account information, including your preferences. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Nepal On Demand Services, such as service announcements, administrative messages and other information, that are considered part of your Nepal On Demand account.
- You can delete your Nepal On Demand account by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nepal On Demand reserves the right to decline requests that require disproportionate technical effort, are impractical, jeopardize the privacy of others, impede payment for the service, interfere with the enhancement of the service, or which is otherwise not required by applicable law.
- In addition to your Nepal On Demand account information, in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, you have the right to review the personal information that has been collected from you and correct any inaccurate or insufficient information. Should you wish to review such information or provide any corrections to the same, please email us at email@example.com. You also have the option to withdraw your consent given to Nepal On Demand to use such personal information, should you wish to exercise this option, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do note however that, upon withdrawal of your consent, your account will be permanently deleted and you shall no longer have access to any of the Nepal On Demand products or services.
9.SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- We believe that we have instituted appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Registration Information and Transaction Information we collect. These procedures include online including internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and other reasonable security measures which are equivalent to security measures that we use to protect our own sensitive and confidential information. All Transaction Information are stored on the secure servers of a PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Level 1 compliant service provider.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
10.THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS, LINKS TO OTHER SITES
11.THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA
12.INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
- Generally, cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and do not pose a threat to a user’s computer. However, we cannot control and nor shall we be responsible for any malicious use of these cookies by any third parties. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the features offered by our website may not be available in part or entirety. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
13.OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
14.CHANGES TO STATEMENT
15.ENFORCEMENT AND CONTACT