Which devices can I watch Nepal On Demand on?
Nepal On Demand is available on mobile, tablets and TV. You can download the app from Android or IOS for free and start free trial. Nepal On Demand is also available on Apple TV via Apple AirPlay, Amazon Fire Stick and Android TV.
How do I install Nepal On Demand?
- Go to Google Play Store and download application – Nepal On Demand
- Tap on “Install” button
- Wait until installation completes
- Click “Open”
- Go to App Store
- Search for Nepal On Demand and download Nepal On Demand
- Click “Open”
- Launch Android TV and search for Nepal On Demand
- Launch Amazon FireStick on your TV and search for Nepal On Demand
How does the Free Trial work?
You can get 48 hours of Instant access. Just add a few details, download the app & start streaming.No billing details required. You can also try the extended 7 Days free trial. The 7-day free trail requires you to add payment details.
You’ll be able to instantly stream unlimited movies and Live TV Channels. If you enjoy your Nepal On Demand trial, do nothing and your subscription will automatically renew for the next month. Nepal On Demand is a month-to-month subscription.
You can easily cancel online at any time. There are no long-term commitments or cancellation fees. Sign up today to get started!
Note: You are only eligible to redeem the 48-hour access & the 7-day Free Trial offer once.
How do I create a Nepal On Demand account?
Click Start Free Trial buttons anywhere or simply click on Sign Up. Simply enter your email address and get started.When you sign up via an email address, you will be asked to verify your email to finalize account creation.
Currently you can’t create a NEPAL ON DEMAND account directly from an iOS app.
What are the system requirements for Nepal On Demand?
The Nepal On Demand app for iOS can be installed for free on any iOS device running iOS version 7.0 or later
The Nepal On Demand Android app can be installed for free on any Android device running Android version 4.4.2 or later. To check the version of your Android device, go to the Settings menu and select the “About phone” option
For smooth playback of standard definition video, a broadband Internet connection with a downstream bandwidth of at least 1.5 Mbps video is recommended. For high-definition video, 4.0 Mbps is recommended.
To determine your downstream bandwidth, go to www.speedtest.net. Click the green “BEGIN TEST” button. Once the test is complete, you’ll find your downstream bandwidth in the box that reads “DOWNLOAD SPEED.”
To manage your Nepal On Demand account, visit the Account Settings page (under your name at the top-right of the page).
What plans are currently available?
Currently we offer the following subscription options:
- Nepal On Demand Monthly – Download on multiple devices. Single Simultaneous Stream. All the Live TV Channels & On Demand Content. Renews every month.
- Nepal On Demand Monthly (Plus) – Download on multiple devices. Two Simultaneous Streams. All the Live TV Channels & On Demand Content. Renews every month.
- Nepal On Demand Annual – Download on multiple devices. Single Simultaneous Stream. All the Live TV Channels & On Demand Content. Renews Annually.
- Nepal On Demand Annual (Plus) – Download on multiple devices. Two Simultaneous Streams. All the Live TV Channels & On Demand Content. Renews Annually.
Why should I start a FREE TRIAL?
Experience the 48 hour instant access in an instance. No billing details required, no charges. What do you have to lose. We are sure you will love it and spread the word.
Nepal On Demand Free Trial is an easy and free way to experience a sample of everything Nepal On Demand has to offer, including Live TV & On Demand Content, with no strings attached. We actually encourage you to share the free trial offer with as many of your friends & family as you can.
I forgot my password. How do I recover it?
To recover your Nepal On Demand password:
- From NepalOnDemand.com, click “Log in” from the top right corner of the page
- From the dialog box, click “Forgot Password”
- Enter the email you use for your Nepal On Demand account
- Click “Send Email” and look for an email with a link to reset your password
On the app, follow the links to FORGOT PASSWORD on the home screen and complete the above steps.
Can I watch any movie on Nepal On Demand with my subscription?
Yes, you can watch any Nepal On Demand movie or Live TV Channels with your subscription. Sometimes some movies might be available on a transaction basis only.
Can I rent or purchase individual movies instead of buying a Nepal On Demand subscription?
Yes, you can rent individual movies instead of buying a subscription, as long as those movies are made available for purchase. All movies are not available to buy on a stand alone basis.
How do I redeem a promotional code?
Promotional codes are easy to redeem just follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to Redeem Code on the home page in the top menu bar or at the bottom of the page.
- Sign in/Sign up to Nepal On Demand account
- Input Promotional Code
What are my payment options?
We currently accept subscriptions to Nepal On Demand Premium service with credit card /debit card and paypal. We accept all major credit cards.
How do I check to see how I am being billed?
Go to Account Settings post signing into your account, your payment method will be listed under Subscription.
Questions about your billing date?
If you would like to know your next billing date or see your billing history, you can visit the Subscription section under your Account Settings.
Your billing date is determined by the date you signed up for the account. You cannot change your billing date unless you cancel your account and restart it on the day you would like to be billed.
Will I get a refund if I cancel my Nepal On Demand Premium subscription?
If you cancel your Nepal On Demand subscription, your Nepal On Demand subscription will be cancelled at the end of the current billing cycle. You do not receive a refund for the remainder of your billing period. However, your current subscription will remain active until the end of the billing period so you can continue to enjoy Nepal On Demand.
There is no fee to cancel a Nepal On Demand subscription.
How do I cancel my Nepal On Demand subscription?
If you subscribed to Nepal On Demand Premium via Web, cancel your next Nepal On Demand Premium subscription period by doing the following:
- On nepalondemand.com, click “Log in” from top right corner of the page
- From the upper right, click “Account Settings”
- Click the “Subscriptions” button
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” and follow instructions to confirm
- Once complete, you will receive an e-mail confirmation
Note: Uninstalling an app will not automatically stop your subscription. You must cancel your subscription to end your subscription. If you uninstall the app without cancelling your subscription, you will still be charged at the beginning of the next monthly billing cycle.
How can I continue to watch movies and TV shows I was watching earlier?
The ‘Continue Watching’ function works the same way for all platforms. You can start watching movies or TV shows on one platform, and resume watching on another.
- Play any movie or TV show
- Stop the video whenever you want
- Come to the Featured screen and refresh it once
- You will see a “Continue Watching” section at the top with all of the movies and TV shows that you have not completed watching displayed with the most recently watched title displayed on the far left. Select title and the movie or TV program will resume where you last were
- Currently you can’t edit or delete selections from the continue watching section
Note: If the title is not available on the platform you are using, it will not be available in the Continue Watching section.
Does Nepal On Demand have a mobile app?
Yes. Nepal On Demand has a free app for both iOS and Android. Download the iOS app from the App Store and the Android app from Google Play.
Which Apple devices support the Nepal On Demand app?
The free Nepal On Demand app for iOS can be installed on any iOS device running iOS version 7.0 or later. This includes:
- iPad 2 or later
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPod Touch 5th generation or later
- Apple AirPlay
Which Android devices support the Nepal On Demand app?
The Nepal On Demand Android app can be installed on any Android device running Android version 4.4.2 or later. To check the version of your Android device, go to the Settings menu and select the “About phone” option.
Can I create a Nepal On Demand account on the Nepal On Demand mobile app?
Yes. You can create a free Nepal On Demand account on both the Nepal On Demand app for iOS and Nepal On Demand app for Android. To subscribe, choose the button subscribe & follow the next steps.
How do I use Chromecast to watch Nepal On Demand movies on TV?
To watch Nepal On Demand titles on your TV using Chromecast:
- Make sure your Chromecast and iOS or Android phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Launch the Nepal On Demand mobile app
- At the top of the app, tap the Chromecast icon in the navigation bar. If you do not see the Chromecast icon, close and re-open the app
- From the list of available Chromecast devices, select yours
- Find a movie you want to play and tap the Play icon
- Android users – make sure your captions are turned on in your phone’s System Settings under Accessibility
Note: some titles will not playback due to licensing and video protection requirements from title owner.
Can I watch Nepal On Demand on my Apple TV?
To watch Nepal On Demand on Apple TV, you also can use Airplay with the Nepal On Demand application to stream movies from your iPad or iPhone to your Apple TV.
How do I use Airplay to watch Nepal On Demand movies on my Apple TV?
To use Airplay:
- Download the Nepal On Demand iOS app from your iPad or iPhone
- Make sure your device and Apple TV are on same network
- Launch the Nepal On Demand app on your iOS device and begin playing the movie you wish to view via your Apple TV. From the play screen, look for the Airplay icon and pair it to your Apple TV. From here, you can also change your subtitle preferences. Read Apple’s detailed instructions for more information
I’m experiencing video streaming issues (choppy video playback, videos that stop and start, videos don’t play) with Nepal On Demand. What should I do?
Video streaming issues on Nepal On Demand are usually easily resolved through the following suggestions:
- Check your bandwidth. For a good streaming experience, you need a good broadband Internet connection. For smooth playback of standard definition, a broadband Internet connection with a downstream bandwidth of at least 1.5 Mbps video is recommended. For high-definition video, 4.0 Mbps is recommended. To determine your downstream bandwidth, go to www.speedtest.net. Click the green “BEGIN TEST” button. Once the test is complete, you’ll find your downstream bandwidth in the box that reads “DOWNLOAD SPEED.”
- Pause or close other applications. If you are running any bandwidth-intensive applications anywhere on your network such as another video streaming service (e.g. YouTube, Netflix), a music streaming service (e.g. Spotify, Saavn), a communications service (e.g. Skype) or file movement services (e.g. Dropbox), try pausing or closing those applications while you use Nepal On Demand
- Try restarting your home network. Unplug your modem and home router from your power connection. Plug in your modem and wait until all the indictor lights are blinking. Plug in your home router. When your router lights are all blinking properly, restart your computer and try streaming your movie again
- Move your device closer to your Internet connection. If you are watching Nepal On Demand videos over a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection, try moving your device closer to your router. Or, when possible, use a wired connection.
- Be sure to have the latest version of software installed.
- Update firewall. If you use firewall software, add nepalondemand.com as a trusted site
Why is the video quality so poor on my Apple or Android device?
Our goal is to deliver an optimal streaming experience to all Nepal On Demand users. When you use Nepal On Demand on a slow network connection, we automatically adjust to the best quality for your network speed to ensure that you get a smooth playback.
If you are using our service via the Nepal On Demand app on a mobile device, connect to a high-speed Wi-Fi network whenever possible. If one isn’t available, try using a faster 4G mobile connection.
Videos won’t play at all. What should I do?
If you are streaming from the Nepal On Demand Android or iOS app, try these tips:
- Delete the Nepal On Demand app and re-install it from the App Store or Google Play
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on
I am paying for a Nepal On Demand subscription but cannot watch Nepal On Demand Live TV Channels or On Demand Content. What can I do?
If you are being billed monthly for an Nepal On Demand or Plus subscription but are unable to watch movies, you might be logging in with an email address that is not associated with your paid subscription. Confirm by doing the following:
- From nepalondemand.com, click “Log in” from top right corner of the page. If you are currently logged in, log out and log in again
- After logging in, click the “Account” link at the top right and then click “Subscriptions”
- Make sure that the account associated with your email address has an active subscription
I forgot my password. When I tried to reset it, I received an error that my email address is not recognized. What should I do?
When you submit your email address in the Forgot Password dialog and you see the message “You are not registered for this service using this email”, then that particular email address is not associated with a Nepal On Demand account. Please check all email addresses you may have used, including those you might not normally associate with online subscriptions.
What do I do if my TV activation code is not working for Android TV or Amazon Fire Stick?
The activation code displayed on Android TV or Amazon Fire expires after 5 minutes if it is not redeemed. Select “Get a New Code” button to get a fresh code displayed.
How do I report an issue about Android TV & Amazon Fire TV?
We need information about your account and the specific issue. This includes your account type and version number of application, which can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the featured page of the application and selecting the “about” button. Message firstname.lastname@example.org with the issue you are facing.